Our client, Transmetrics is a predictive optimization company that helps cargo transport and logistics service providers increase their operational efficiency by applying modern technology such as artificial intelligence, data mining, predictive analytics and computer optimization. Transmetrics SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) is offered in three steps: data cleansing, demand forecasting, and predictive optimization.
The advantage of the company comes from having strong experience in both the technical (Big Data and Predictive Analytics) and domain (Transport and Logistics) areas. Additionally, the Board of Directors and Advisory Board consist of current and former professionals from logistics companies such as DHL, TNT Aviation, Panalpina, Cargolux, who are helping with every step of the way and team of 28 highly skilled employees.
Currently we are looking for a passionate professional to join the company at the role of:
IT Operations Lead
- Manage and coordinate company’s Information Technology operations to ensure timely and effective IT services
- Monitor IT infrastructure using information technology control tools and reporting systems
- Maintain compliance with ISO 27001
- Maintain compliance with GDPR
- Monitor and maintain networking and telecommunication, protect business networks against attacks from outside sources
- Oversee the management and licensing of computer/mobile device software applications
- Manage the set-up, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructural, applications and email services
- Manage business continuity and data protection, including backup and restoration operations to preserve company database.
- Manage infrastructure capacity, including compute (CPU) power, memory, storage, network bandwidth
- Ensure production environment SLA (uptime, response time, etc.)
- Manage internal audits to verify the security and efficiency of an organization’s network
- Manage company public available web services (web, demo and production systems)
- Develop IT policies and practices
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
- More than 3 years of experience as IT Operations Manager/ Lead
- Hands on leading from the front lines
- Deep knowledge in networking (TCP/IP, VLANs, Firewall, IPsec/VPN, DNS, DHCP)
- Proven experience with hardware (Intel x86 servers, Ethernet switches, FC switches)
- Experience with virtual infrastructure (VMware vSphere)
- Strong knowledge of BSD, Linux and Windows AD environments
- Experience with PostgreSQL DB server configuration
- Experience with container environments (Docker)
- Experience with scripting with bash and/or python
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Experience with cloud computing – both as provider and consumer
- Excellent Leadership and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
Benefits and what to expect
- Work that Matters
- You will be building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
- Competitive Salaries
- On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the centre of Sofia.
- Challenging Problems
- Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Awesome People
- Learn from a strong international team of 28 people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
- Friendly Atmosphere
- Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
- Growing Quickly
- Advance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.